This title is available for next day shipping and can be ordered using any of the following methods; mailing in a district purchase order, calling our office at 1-800-243-8726, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by faxing a purchase order to 518-459-4576. If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
UPCO'S Living Environment Review is a complete review of all the key ideas and major understandings as required by the New York State Living Environment Core Curriculum. Also included is any additional information necessary for total comprehension of core curriculum key ideas. This 276-page book is conveniently organized into 8 major units subdivided into 25 chapters. Although this book is directed toward the New York State Living Environment Curriculum it can be used successfully with any school's biology or life science curriculum. Important features are noted below:
- Each chapter ends with numerous multiple choice, constructed response and reading and interpreting information practice questions structured to resemble regents exam questions, allowing students many opportunities to test their understanding of required concepts.
- Diagrams and other visuals help the students understand concepts.
- A complete review of laboratory and technical skills, processes involved in scientific inquiry and methods of representing and analyzing scientific observations is present throughout the book.
- Words and terms directly related to the core curriculum are highlighted in bold type while other words or terms necessary for the complete comprehension of the core curriculum key ideas are italicized.
- A comprehensive index and glossary of all important vocabulary terms is located at the end of the book for supplementary review.
- Sample practice Regents Exams are included at the end of the book to give the student actual test-taking experiences.
- A time-saving answer key is supplied to the teacher with each order.